Thursday, March 13, 2008

A fickle heart is the only constant in this world

some interesting quote i got from howl's moving castle.


Boy was wrong when I said Mononoke Hime was the best thing (or movie) that ever appeared on earth. Yes, it boasts a splendid and spectacular soundtrack with a great storyline, wonderful characters and fantastic artwork..but it still doesn't mesmerize me as much as Howl's moving castle does.


Don't get me wrong though, mononoke hime is still one of the best movies on earth (Hayao Miyazaki's the best!). Nobody can forget those cute little Kodamas or Ashitaka/San, can they? I'm putting all the Studio Ghibli Soundtracks on repeat, they're just that awesome!

Jdoramas shall wait, I have to finish up the Studio Ghibli movies first! I have two friends who are complete fans of anything with the word "Studio Ghibli" in it, they're my sources for the OSTs, movies and Ost variations. -thankyou :D- If that's what you call it. Currently, i'm feeling rather satisfied with the ones in my computer, but it'll be nice to have some DVDs. who wants to sponsor me the DVDs?



Right, that was some sidetracking. Main point is, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE really lives up to the positive comments the media has on it. Firstly, its detailed artwork AMAZES me so much. The colours are just so soft, everything fits in perfectly. Its a beautiful sight, the sunlight filtering through the clouds and smoke billowing from the chimneys. There's not even time for you to gasp in wonder before the next scene comes out, complete with polished floors (imagine how the reflections are done) , brisk footsteps and pretty characters (except the witch of the wastes, that is)


Don't even get me started on the storyline. Now, you'll first have to know that nothing ever makes sense in Hayao Miyazaki's movies. Sophie, a young lady (or girl??) gets turned into an old hag by the witch of the wastes for speaking to her in a rude tone, so she runs away to a place far from home and ends up in Howl's Castle after asking for shelter from our dear Turnip-head (prince). She works as a cleaning lady there and eventually got accepted by Calcifer (the CUTE fire demon who controls the moving castle), Markl (howl's little apprentice who deals with people who come to order potions) and of course, Howl himself.


Howl's able to turn into a warlike bird (but could get stuck there and forget about humanity if he stays in that form for too long), and spends his days trying to stop the wars caused by madame Suliman behind the throne. He has the power to, but sophie must first end the curse howl put on himself in order to possess the fire demon. Driven by love, she goes through a series of events along with Heen (the dog running errands for madame suliman), Witch of Wastes (stripped of her powers, reduced to a helpless old lady), Markl and Calcifer. In the end, she managed to save Howl, and they kissed as Sophie confessed her love to him (hahaha). The turnip turned into a prince after sophie kissed him as a sign of thanks~ I MISS TURNIP HEAD ):


Another happy ending :D I must admit, some parts don't really make sense (or is my level of understanding too low?), but heck. Its still awesome from any angle~




I've only watched Tonari no Totoro, Laputa - Castle in the sky, grave of the fireflies, kiki's delivery service, Princess mononoke and Howl's moving castle so far. Not enough to call myself a great fanatic, of course.

My favourites...I really don't know. I LOVE totoro, laputa, princess mononoke and Howl's moving castle so much. Ah yes, i have the cat returns, but I don't have the subs for it -__-

Kiki ain't bad either, beautiful but simple story. Puts a smile on your face :D :D :D

Grave of the fireflies is just another of those tear jerking movies about war in japan (though its surprising that a person like me with such active tearglands didn't shed a single tear. My mom, dad and brother all did. I've watched too much of these shows, i guess)



aren't the Kodamas ADORABLE?


TURNIP HEAD TOO!


I LOVE CALCIFER! :D


somebody even made a calcifer bento! :D


markl toooooo! ;D:D:D:D:D


heen, markl, turnip! :D


TOTORO! neko bus?


TOTORO and KODAMAS? why didn't they put them together? D:





Spirited away shall be played tomorrow. I'm aware that MOST people would have watched it already, Im' so laggggg D:




Today wasn't a productive one, I've got to work harder tomorrow! No play besides the two hours of movie watching (until after 5)! HAH!




OUCH I JUST BIT ON MY TONGUE, ITS BLEEDING ALOT! D:

i shall bathe :D

btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERINE!


TAGREPLIES

12march
anon: lol stop trying to find out haha@
{whyyy D: you mysterious person! D:}

jenna: hey emma!=D
{hey LIMYING! :DDDD you danced and acted SUPER WELL i'm your fan! xD}


13march
ada`
: EMMAAAA! heeehee. really really enjoyed talking to you yes. chording with you is super cool too :D
{ADAAAA! :D yup we both enjoyed talking to each other~ lets do chording more often, its supersuper fun! :D}

Ray other
: yo haha haven't tagged in awhile... got ur msg and umm... when's the concert? what's da cost? looked all over ur blog and couldn't find an advtsmnt anywhere lehz =P haha tell me soon...
{yo, its on 5th april at singapore conference hall, 7:30. Tell me asap if you wanna go, I'm not sure if i can get the tickets! i'll try to! :D D:}

Tracy
: WHERES MY MEME!!
{I'LL DO YOUR MEME TOMORROW!!: D}

anqi
: haha thrs not a muffin that u CAN resist u mean XD
anqi
: lols u can buy one of those combs at ayries (dunno how to spell) for 80 cents! (x
{hahaha there's NOT a muffin that you CANNOT resist! hahaha i'll buy it soon, so cool and cute! MUFFINS GOGOGO! :D}

No comments: